Refer to the materials list and directions from May 23, 2011 to make the basic yarn doll using a mohair type white yarn with pastel flecks. Decorate the doll as follows:
strawberry blond curly doll hair
two 8” x 18” pieces and three 3” x 4” piece white tulle fabric
3 yds. 1/8” wide pink satin ribbon
three 1/2” pink ribbon roses
1-1/2” craft butterfly
pink colored pencil or blush
needle and thread
tacky glue or glue gun
1. Make doll according to Basic Yarn Doll directions (5/23/11.)
2. Cut 3-4 strands at a time of curly doll hair twice the desired length of hair. Glue midpoint of the hair to head, applying along the edge of muslin first. Then work in neat, evenly spaced horizontal rows from back of the neck up to top of the head. Untangle and trim to even out the length.
3. Divide body below waist into two equal sections with chenille stem as part of one section. Beginning at top of leg, crisscross a 1-yd. piece of ribbon around each leg the way ballet slippers are tied. Tie ends into a large bow 2-1/2” above bottom of each leg.
4. With one piece on top of the other, fold 8” x 18” tulle pieces in half lengthwise. With needle and thread gather along folded edge 1/4” from fold. Tie gathered tulle around waist for tutu.
5. Stack remaining tulle on top of one another and tie all three pieces tightly in half to form bow. Glue to front of doll above tutu.
6. Glue a ribbon rose to center of tulle bow and one to each wrist.
7. Glue butterfly to side of forehead.
8. Make six small bows from remaining ribbon. Glue around bottom edge of top layer of tulle tutu.
9. Color cheeks with pink pencil or blush.
Check back for more yarn doll variations in future weeks.
Post a comment. You could win the book giveaway from this week's Book Club Friday guest author. -- AP