Materials: 3-1/2” clay flower pot, 3mm jute cording, tacky glue, 10” x 10” cotton print fabric, needle and thread, polyester fiberfill, jewelry glue, assorted buttons
1. Glue jute cording around flower pot from under lip to bottom.
2. Cut 9” lengths of jute. Wind each piece of jute into 1” diameter circles and glue around lip of pot.
3. Glue a button to in the center of each jute circle.
4. Cut a circle from the 10” fabric. The easiest way to do this is to use a plate as a template and trace around it.
5. Sew a gathering stitch around circle, 1/4” from cut edge. Pull threads to gather, stuffing as you go. Stitch opening closed.
6. Apply glue to inside rim of pot. With gathered side down, tuck stuffed fabric into pot.