In January I featured a Jute and Button Clay Pot Flameless Candle Holder on the blog. In March I repurposed it into a WinterTopiary. Today I’m once again repurposing that decorated clay pot to create another topiary. Can you tell I love to craft topiaries?
Jute and button decorated clay pot from January 26thblog post; floral foam; 9” length 1/4” diameter dowel; 8” Styrofoam cone; 1/8” diameter jute cord; white cotton cord; tacky glue; excelsior
1. Decorate the clay pot following the directions from the January 26th blog post.
2. Glue floral foam into clay pot.
3. Wrap the middle 3” of dowel with jute cord, glueing in place. Allow to dry.
4. Poke a hole in the bottom of the cone. Glue one end of the dowel into the hole and the other end into the center of the floral foam. Allow to dry.
5. Beginning at the top of the cone, glue cotton cording spiraling around cone.
6. Glue excelsior into pot.