Bringing cookies or other treats as a hostess gift? Maybe those yummy cookies from last Tuesday's blog post? Why not leave the hostess with a little treat after the goodies are consumed? I’m sure she’ll find lots of uses for this lovely Christmas canister.
Christmas Ribbon Canister
Materials: empty coffee container; assorted ribbons in various widths, colors, and patterns; scrap of cardboard; scrap of batting; scrap of Christmas print fabric; length of rattail cording; tacky glue
1. Wash and dry container.
2. Cut lengths of ribbon 1/4” longer than circumference of container. Beginning at the bottom and working up, glue ribbons around container, varying colors, patterns, and widths. Overlap ends.
3. From the cardboard, cut a circle to fit inside plastic lid.
4. Glue batting to one side of cardboard. Trim.
5. From the print fabric, cut a circle 1” larger in diameter than the lid. Make 1/4” cuts around the perimeter of the circle every 1/2”.
6. Center fabric over batting and place face down on flat surface. Run a line of glue around edge of cardboard. Glue fabric to back of cardboard.
7. Glue fabric covered circle to top of lid. Glue rattail cord around edge of fabric circle.