Christmas Tree Wreath
This wreath can be a family project as long as kids are well supervised.
Materials: 10” Styrofoam® wreath, 1/4 yd. red fabric, sequin pins, 2” x 3” piece of cardboard, scraps of felt in assorted shades of green, 6 craft sticks, brown acryllic paint and paint brush or wide brown marker, 5mm and 7mm round gemstones in assorted colors, tacky glue, jewelry glue, ruler, pencil, scissors, pinking shears (optional.)
1. Cut the craft sticks in half. Paint with brown paint or color with markers. Allow paint to dry.
2. Cut red fabric into 1-1/2” strips. Reserve an 8” length. Wrap wreath, overlapping strips slightly and securing with sequin pins.
3. Mark the midpoint on one 2” side of the cardboard. Draw a line from the each corner of the opposite 2” side to the midpoint. Using the craft knife, cut out the triangle.
4. Using the cardboard triangle as a template, outline 24 triangles on the felt and cut out. If desired, use pinking shears. You’ll need two felt triangles per tree.
5. Using the craft glue, glue two triangles together, sandwiching half a craft stick between the felt pieces with the curved part of the craft stick extending 1” beyond base of triangle.
6. Using the jewelry glue, glue gemstones randomly to trees.
7. Using the tacky glue, glue trees spaced evenly around wreath.
8. Fold the 8” strip of fabric in half, short sides together. Glue ends together. Glue to back of wreath for hanging loop. Secure with sequin pins for added strength.