We've featured several different craft ideas using Mason jars lately. Today we're showcasing another. Choose any size jar, depending on its end use, and any color to match your decorating scheme.
Distressed Mason Jar
Mason jar, alcohol, Milk Paint bonding primer and sealer, Milk Paint (your choice of color), foam brush, emery board or sandpaper, jute twine (optional), Gorilla Glue (optional)
1. Wipe down outside of Mason jar to remove any oils or grease.
2. Brush on the bonding primer/sealer. Allow to dry at least two hours.
3. Apply two coats of paint, waiting at least an hour between coats.
4. Using the emery board or sandpaper, sand the paint of the raised areas of the Mason jar. In addition, sand around remainder of jar to create as much distressing as you like.
5. If desired, glue jute twine around top of Mason jar.