Thanks, Anastasia. This Saturday, September 25 th, as part of Smithsonian magazine’s annual Museum Day, hundreds of participating museums and cultural institutions across the country will be free to all visitors with a Museum Day ticket. To get your tickets, just go to Smithsonian.com/museumday.
Some of the featured museums include:
- Littleton Museum, Littleton,CO
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center, Mashantucket, CT
- Seminole Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum, Cewiston, FL
- CDC’s Global health Odyssey Museum, Atlanta, GA
- OZ Museum, Wamego, KS
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
- Buddy Holly Center, Lubbock, TX
- World Kite Museum & Hall of Fame, Long Beach, WA
- Children’s Museum of the Arts, NY, NY
- Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms, Morris Plains, NJ
- California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Adler Planetarium, Chicago, IL
These are but of few of the places that will be open for free on Saturday. Check out the Smithsonian website where you can search by state to find other museums and cultural venues in your area.
Thanks, Sheila! Who doesn’t like free, right? What are some of your favorite inexpensive day outings? Let’s hear from you. Post a comment this week to be entered into the drawing for a free book from our Book Club Friday guest author. -- AP