Candy Hearts Valentine Box
Materials: fine grit sandpaper, wooden box with lid, primer, mint green acrylic paint, foam brush, candy hearts, tacky glue, pink rickrack, satin finish acrylic sealer
1. Lightly sand the box and lid.
2. Apply a coat of primer to the box and lid. Allow to dry completely, then lightly sand.
3. Apply a coat of mint green paint. Allow to dry completely, then lightly sand. Apply a second coat.
4. Position candy hearts on box lid. Glue in place. Tip: glue the perimeter candy first and allow to dry before gluing the remainder of the hearts.
5. Glue rickrack around side edges of lid.
6. Apply several light coats of sealer to box and lid.