1. Determine size of pillow you want. Cut a piece of iron-on interfacing two inches larger than finished pillow. (Example: if you want to make a 12” x 12” pillow, cut the interfacing 14” x 14”.)
Monday, January 27, 2014
CRAFTS WITH ANASTASIA--WOVEN FELT PILLOW
Woven Felt Pillow
(Note: Material amounts will vary depending on size of finished pillow.)
Four colors of felt, non-woven iron-on interfacing, pillow form or polyfill, basic sewing supplies, DMC #5 Perle Cotton in contrasting color, embroidery needle.
2. Cut a series of felt strips 1” wide by length of interfacing.
3. Place interfacing on flat surface with fusing side up. Alternating two of the felt colors, pin strips of felt to top of interfacing.
4. Beginning at top, weave alternating strips of remaining colors in and out across pinned strips.
5. Remove pins and carefully turn pillow top over on ironing board. Fuse interfacing to felt per manufacturer’s directions.
6. Trim edges even.
7. Cut backing fabric the same size as pillow top.
8. Using one strand Perle Cotton, blanket stitch around pillow, leaving opening for stuffing. Insert pillow form or stuff with polyfill. Blanket stitch opening closed.