Last month we showed you how your children could make Handprint Turkey Place Cards for Thanksgiving. Today we put a Christmas spin on the simple arts & crafts project to make Handprint Reindeer Ornaments. Older children will be able to make these ornaments on their own. Younger children will need adult help with some of the cutting.
Materials: small piece of corrugated cardboard, Popsicle stick and brown paint and brush or brown chenille stem, 10mm wiggle eye, 10mm red pompom, 1/2 yd. 1/8” wide green satin ribbon, 1/2” jingle bell, pencil, scissors, tacky glue
1. Using the pencil, trace child’s spread hand on cardboard. Cut out.
2. Cut both ends of Popsicle stick to 1-1/4” lengths. Paint with brown paint. Allow to dry. (Alternate antlers: twist a piece of brown chenille stem to form antlers.) Glue two pieces of Popsicle stick into a “V”, then glue to cardboard as shown in photo.
3. Glue on wiggle eye and pompom as shown.
4. Cut ribbon in half. Thread one piece through jingle bell. Tie into bow. Glue to cardboard as shown.
5. Fold second piece of ribbon in half. Glue to top back for hanging loop.