Because many people have commented favorably about the cover for Crewel Intentions, the Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mini-Mystery that takes place between Death by Killer Mop Doll and Revenge of the Crafty Corpse, I thought I’d post the pattern for the embroidered rosebud.
The great thing about embroidery is that it’s so versatile. By reducing or enlarging the pattern, you can make the rosebud any size you want. You can stitch on a variety of fabrics with either floss or tapestry yarn. Don’t want a pink rosebud? Swap out the light, medium, and dark shades of pink for shades of yellow, coral, red, or white. Use your imagination, and have fun.
Fabric and floss or yarn of your choice; transfer pen, pencil, or paper; embroidery hoop; tissue paper (optional;) embroidery needle in size that works with chosen floss or yarn; scissors.
1. Print out the pattern in desired size.
2. Using your preferred method, transfer the pattern to fabric of your choice.
3. Insert fabric into embroidery hoop. If using a wooden hoop, place tissue paper between the fabric and hoop. Tear away area to be embroidered. This will prevent the wood from discoloring the fabric.
4. Use stem stitch for the dark green (dotted lines.)
5. Work all other colors in satin stitch.