|Zoe at Liberty State Park|
Summer vacation is either over or just about over for most of the country. If you're like me, you probably took lots of photos while on vacation. Instead of hiding them all away in a photo album, here's a great, easy craft to keep the memories fresh all year long.
Map Decoupaged Picture Frame
Materials: wooden picture frame, road map, craft stick (optional,) foam brush, scissors, découpage medium, tweezers (optional.)
1. Cut out sections of the map into manageable pieces, about 3" - 4" in length and wide enough to wrap around the frame.
2. Using the foam brush, apply découpage medium to the wrong side of the map cut-outs.
3. Position a map cut-out on the frame, wrapping around to the inside and outside so that all exposed sections of the wooden frame are covered. Use the tweezers to aid in placement.
4. Eliminate wrinkles, air bubbles, and excess medium by gently pushing down on the cut-out with your fingers or the craft stick, working from the center outward. Remove any excess medium with a damp cloth.
5. Glue the next section of map onto the frame, overlapping the first piece slightly. Repeat until entire frame is covered.
6. Allow decoupage to dry completely. Once dry, apply several coats of découpage medium to the entire surface, allowing each coat to dry completely before applying the next coat.